cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 fax degradation in Japan

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a new VG224 at the remote site in Japan connecting to centralized call manager in Singapore. The VG224, voice gateway router to PSTN and switch are at the remote site accessing call manager on a 3m WAN line. the VG224 runs with IOS /vg224-i6s-mz.124-4.T8.bin. it logs many like messages in the log (Jan 17 14:53:37.022: Ring cadence not suitable for Caller ID 1000:2000:0:0n the error log. User also complaints fax speed is very slow and line dropped compared to other standalone fax which connecting to standalone analog line. I use similar configuration in vg224 wroking in Singapore, they are working very smooth and no complaint from user. Voice call to and from the PTT gateway in Japan works OK and quality clear. Need expert to suggest the configuration in the ptt gateway and in Vg224.to work with Japan PTT.

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The configuration of Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) fax pass-through on Cisco voice gateways is similar to the configuration of MGCP VoIP calls. The configuration is done by means of several commands in addition to a standard VoIP configuration. The same configuration must be present on the originating and terminating gateways.