Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Hung Calls

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

ALl,

I have a paging system that interfaces with a VG224.  We have an issue where users don't hang up the phone completely after a page and locks out the next person trying to page.  I am looking for a command on the VG224 that will disconnect a call after a set amount of time, like 15 seconds.  Will "timesouts call-disconnect 15" or "timeouts wait-release 15" do the job?

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.

3 Replies 3

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

I think the paging system does not release the line, perhaps it does not detect the reorder tone (frequency or rythme)

Please test with an analog phone in place of the paging system.

Thanks.  The point is that I am sure it is the paging system not hanging up the call.  I am looking for a way to program the voice port to disconnect the call after a set amount of time.  The customer will not fix the paging system nor purchase a new one.

The voice port can not disconnect the if the pager physically stays off hook. Did you made a test with a analog phone to hear yourself what is sent on the voice port ?

Try battery-reversal command or try to change the locale of the tone.

Is your voice-port configured in sccp, mgcp or h323 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: