cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 - PA System not disconnecting after CCM upgrade (4 to 7)

art.tumanik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have upgraded the customer from CCM 4.1.3 to CUCM 7.1.2. After the upgrade their PA system that is connected via VG224 (SCCP) is not working properly.

User dials 888, IP phone gets connected to the PA via the VG224. User makes an announcement and hangs up the IP Phone. In about 20 seconds the PA system plays the busy tone and the Call Manager announcement: “Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again..” followed by more busy tones.

Here is the call flow:

IP Phone - CCM 7.1.2 - VG224 - PA System

I have tried the following settings on the VG224 voice port:

voice-port 2/20

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

compand-type a-law

None of these commands made any difference. The call still does not disconnect after hanging up the IP phone. The only thing that changed was the Call Manager itself, so I was thinking that it might be an Enterprise or Service Parameter somewhere in the CCM 7.

I have attached the VG224 config. Any input would be a great help.

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

There was a similar case where customer needed to upgrade the VG224 IOS version to 12.4.2T5. As you upgraded the CUCM from a 4.X to a

7.X version, this could be an issue. You'll need to upgrade the VG224 to a later IOS. Besides that case, once we had a similar problem where it

resulted to be a cabling issue, which is not so likely, but you might want to check.

Please refer to the release notes below, testing was made with a later IOS version. Although this is for CUCM 6.1, same will apply for your case as it's newer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/UC6.1.1/release_notes/rnipt611.html#wpxref1503870

Regards,

Teresa.

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for the advice Teresa.

The IOS on the VG224 has been upgraded from vg224-i6s-mz.124-9.T2.bin to vg224-i6s-mz.124-25b.bin.

I have done the IOS upgrade 3 week prior to the CCM upgrade. The gateway was running fine with the new IOS under CCM 4, but as soon as I switched over to CCM 7, we started having problems with the PA System.

gaoxuepingwafer
Level 1
Level 1

Because VG224 is a analog gateway. So if you use it to connect with PA, disconnection problem may not be avoided. We have made it reality that Cisco IPT can achieve interoperability with PA system, such Japanees TOA, American IED, Germanic BOSCH. In our solution vg224 does not be included, instead of 2800 voice gateway plus E&M card, and a application server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: