Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 SCCP and CCM 5.1(2)

daniel-costa
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I'm having some problemas configuring callpickup group feature in the VG224. I have a VG224 working SCCP registered on a CCM 5.1(2). I have 24 analog phones correctly registered on it and everything os working but the callpickup group and call transfer.

The configuration file of my VG224 is attached.

VG224_MF_RS01#show stcapp feature codes

stcapp feature access-code

call forward all **1

call forward cancel **2

pickup local group **3

pickup different group **4

pickup direct **6

stcapp feature speed-dial disabled

This is what happens: When the person dials * nothing happens, the person on line hears the DTMF sound and that's it.

Am I missing something here? I've already configured the Callpickup Groups in CCM and assigned it to the DNs in each group.

How do I enable the call transfer feature for these analog phones?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dan,,

You are most welcome! With the VG224 the * key is not used in the Transfer sequence;

Call Transfer

Connects call to a third party that the phone user dials. During an active call, user presses hookflash and receives dial tone. User dials number for transfer and either stays online to announce (consult transfer) or hangs up (blind transfer). When user hangs up, the call is transferred.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t2/ht1vg224.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

In CCM can you try configuring "Max Calls" to 2 on these DN's.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob!

Thanks for your answer man!

Yes! That might solve the problem, it was indeed set to 1 the number of Max Calls! Hehe!

One more thing though. How do I configure the call transfer feature in the VG? I mean, if I set the prefix digit to **, the user simply dials * and then the DN they want to transfer the call? What if the DN he wants to transfer is already in a call, the * will put the call on hold as well?

Att, Dan

Hi Dan,,

You are most welcome! With the VG224 the * key is not used in the Transfer sequence;

Call Transfer

Connects call to a third party that the phone user dials. During an active call, user presses hookflash and receives dial tone. User dials number for transfer and either stays online to announce (consult transfer) or hangs up (blind transfer). When user hangs up, the call is transferred.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t2/ht1vg224.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

Yes! That was exactly what I needed! It worked flawlessly! Thanks a bunch!

One more thing lol...The callpickup settings seems to be working BUT after the other user(on the same group) dial the **3 code to use the callpick feature the person calling gets a mute tone and after like 5s the call is dropped.

I think is something to do with codec because I testes using my CIPC and it shows that the person the same group pickedup the call but when I see the codec settings I get None for Receiving and None for Sending.

Do you know how I can fix that!?

Thanks again!

Hi Rob!

I need yer assistance again! The call transfer was working 'til yesterday. Starting this morning(!) the DNs can't transfer calls anymore. When the user dials the 'flash' button he doesn't get the dial-tone, it stays the same.

There is one DN (9501) that can transfer calls, it has the same config and hardware as the others that can't, the only thing that differs is the callpickup group config on the phones that can't transfer calls.

I haven't changed any config and it is as follows atached.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks again!

Att, Dan

Hey Dan,

It sounds like the "Max Calls" got set back to one? Can you check that out.

Rob

Hey Rob!

No! They are all set to 2.

Thanks!

Dan

Hey Dan,

What port is 9501 connected to?

Rob

Hey Rob,

Honestly...I didn't get it. What do you mean by port 9501?

Waiting your answer, Dan

Hi Dan,

No worries! What I was trying to find out is that you said that the Phone with DN 9501 is still able to Transfer properly. Can you find out which port on the VG224 it is connected to?

Rob

Hello Rob,

Ok Ok! I got it now! Of course! The DN 9501 is connected to port 2/0. And the other DNs that aren't working are connected to 2/12 and 2/18.

As you can see that those ports have the exact same configuration and the same hardware. I wonder...

Thanks for your attention!

Dan

Hey Dan,

Have a look at 2/18 vs 2/0 (there is a Hookflash command);

voice-port 2/18

cptone BR

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts call-disconnect 0

timeouts ringing infinity

timing hookflash-in 1500 150

caller-id enable

voice-port 2/0

cptone BR

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts ringing infinity

caller-id enable

May be worth a try changing this.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Yeah! I've noticed that...I did that config as a test but it didn't work as well. I thought experimenting with the hookflash timing as a thought that the VG wasn't recognizing the flash digit.

Do you think it has something to do with any of this?

Thanks again! Dan

Hey Rob,

Yeah! I've noticed that...I did that config as a test but it didn't work as well. I thought experimenting with the hookflash timing as a thought that the VG wasn't recognizing the flash digit.

Do you think it has something to do with any of this?

Thanks again! Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: