Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 : silent ringback tone when calling a port from an IP Phone

julien.laffitte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on a CUCM 7.1 cluster accompanied by a Unity Connection 7.1 cluster and additional VG224 analog gateways.

The customer is asking for a specific configuration related to an alarm system: when the user is pressing a line button on his IP Phone (behind which the line is configured as a PLAR), an alarm is raised on an analog equipment configured on a VG224 port.

The tricky requirement concerns the ringback tone on this specific line: the customer requires that no sound is heard when the line button is pressed (silent ringback tone).

I tried many configurations (with IP Phones only as I do not have any VG224 to perform tests) including replacing the AnnRingBack.xxx.wav in the locale folder or the AnnRingBack.wav in the united_states folder on the TFTP directory and restarting the TFTP service, but nothing worked. At last I found this post on the forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1170880#1170880

So I wonder if there is any limitation when considering a call from an IP Phone to an analog device (IP Phone <===> CUCM  <===> VG224 <===> analog device)

Has anyone already tried this?

Thanks in advance,

Julien

1 Reply 1

julien.laffitte
Level 1
Level 1

Is it something that tricky ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: