cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Rebooting?

capciii
Level 1
Level 1

I have two VG248's on my network registered with a CCM. The users started to complain about dropped calls. When I checked the VG logfile found a series of events (ex. 01/24/2007 8:53 a.m.), that I take is the VG rebooting. If it's so,then is happening on both of them. Any comments?, Anyone experiencing a similar problem?

6 Replies 6

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

The workaround that follows is applicable only when the VG248 is being used to connect to a voicemail system. There is not a workaround available for resets on systems using the VG248 for other functionality.

For all ports connected to voicemail, please set:

Configure -> Telephony -> Advanced settings -> Busy out off hook ports to "enabled"

Configure -> Telephony -> Port specific parameters -> (port) ->

Call supervision method to "drop current loop"

This will prevent CM from sending a new call to a port when voice mail is still tearing down the previous call in that port.

These two parameters should only be set when the VG248 is configured with a voice mail

system and SMDI. For other configurations, the default setting is recommended.

[OR]

UPgraded to 1.3(1)ES8.2

Bob, thanks a lot for your answer. Yes, I forgot to mention it, there is a Unity voicemail system on the network and several of the analog phones connected to both VG's have mailboxes provisioned on it.

So, please confirm if the workaround you mentioned is applicable.

I have had the same thing happen to me, I did disable all ports not in use and I have a Unity voice mail solution with no SMDI connection. I was told to downgrade to 1.2.1, and wait until Feb, when a new release will be available...when in Feb. is still a mystery.

Chris, Which integration did you use for the connection then?, I had already thought about the downgrade. Thanks!

MGCP. Is that what you mean or what other type of integration are you referring to?

We had a similar problem here. We tried all the workarounds, and they didn't help. What it ended up being was that we had a radio/paging interface on one of the analog ports and that port was set up for 2 calls, i.e. activating call waiting. That config really screwed things up. After configuring the port to accept only one call, everything settled down.

If you have any devices on the VG248 that are similar to a paging device that can only accept one call at a time, make sure that the config is set appropriately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: