Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 registeration with CCM

shahid.ikram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have connected vg248 across wan and tried to register it with CCM. I have enabled the DHCP option on VG248 and could not get the ip address assigned to it. I have other phones on the same subnet and they could register and get DN. IP help-address is configured and could ping the CCM and also from CCM to VG248 Connected voice ethernet subinterface.

Also, Auto registeration is enabled on CCM and tried adding manually via last 10 digits of MAC address as vg248 gateway.

Any ideas.

br,

shahid

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shahid,

The VG must be added manually, it will not Auto-Register. Here is the info assigning a Static IP etc;

Assigning a Static IP Address

Rather than using DHCP to obtain an IP address, you can assign a static IP address to the VG248. You can also change any of these settings even if you are using DHCP in your network. To assign a static IP address, you must manually assign several network settings

Set the IP Address

Set the Subnet Mask

Set the Default Router

Set the DNS Server

Set the Domain Name

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080235152.html#wp1041444

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, but tried with static IP address, there is no communication between ccm and vg248 as phone port is not registered.

Any ideas.

thanks

Hi Shahid,

Have you tried adding a VG Phone via CCM and actually plugging in the phone and picking up the handset?

The VG Gateway itself will not show as Registered in CCM.

Rob

Rob,

I did add VG Phones with DNs but their status is unknown. Also, just correction, you can have DHCP enabled on VG248. On DHCP server, you can make reservation with VG248 mac address so that each time it has the same IP address.

Any other thoughts,

cheers

shahid

Hi Shahid,

Did you plug in and test the phone?

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: