Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Transfer in SRST Mode

t.a.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gents,

I've testing a VG248 operating in fallback mode but can't seem to transfer a call from the analog devices attached. Each time I press the 'Recall' button to initiate it I get a re-order tone.

The analog phones can call other devices fine and recieve incoming calls from similarly SRST registered end points.

IP Phones in SRST at the same time can transfer calls fine involving the analog devices.

Dual-line is configured but seems to have no effect on the VGC registered phones.

Is this a supported feature (I've trawled Cisco documentation) and all seems to imply it should work as configured.

Am I missing a trick?

Sample SRST Config:

call-manager-fallback

secondary-dialtone 9

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

timeouts interdigit 5

ip source-address 172.16.50.13 port 2000

max-ephones 42

max-dn 144 dual-line

after-hours block pattern 1 900 7-24

system message primary Backup SRST Active

transfer-pattern .T

keepalive 10

call-forward pattern .T

time-format 24

date-format dd-mm-yy

'show ephone reg' for a VGC device gives me:

ephone-1 Mac:0943.E280.A801 TCP socket:[6] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 0 and Server in ver 0

mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0 caps:4

IP:172.16.50.58 16920 VGC Voice Port keepalive 166 max_line 1

button 1: dn 1 number 6019 CM Fallback CH1 IDLE CH2 IDLE

So I can see a single line ref.'d here but cannot see a way of increasing the number.

VG248 is operating on v1.3(1) and SRST GW IOS is on 12.4(15)T9 Adv.Ent.

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) feature provides the Cisco CallManager with fallback support for the VG248. SRST enables a router or other nominated device to provide call handling support for the Cisco IP Phones when the Cisco IP Phones lose connection to the Cisco CallManager. Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) indicates that there is an SRST device capable of providing Cisco CallManager functionality with a limited feature set. If all other Cisco CallManager servers are unreachable, this device assumes control of call processing.

By default, the VG248 allows use of SRST on the default router.

t.a.bennett
Level 1
Level 1

For future notes, the answer was an internal Cisco bug which resulted in the supplementary features such as transfer, etc. being disabled on the VG248 while in SRST mode. This has not been re-implemented since. Basically, SRST mode on VG248 does not support Call Transfer. If you require this feature I have been advised the best option would be to use a VG224 instead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: