cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC2-2FXS in 1760 not showing...

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased a VIC2-2FXS for my 1760 router. I have tried to install it in each of the slots (both VIC only and both WIC/VIC slots) but can't seem to configure it properly. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/software/feature/guide/VIC_Cfg.html tells me to refer to refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/1751/software/configuration/guide/Config.html#wp1028982. I try to enter 'voice-port 0/0' and I can't. I have tried several combinations of slot/port and nothing. Also, when I do a 'show run' I don't see the interface listed anywhere. When I do 'show inventory' it is listed as:

NAME: "WIC/VIC 0", DESCR: "2nd generation two port FXS voice interface daughtercard"

PID: VIC2-2FXS= , VID: V , SN: FOC100517P3

I can't seem to get the first step right. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong here? TIA.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please verify with show diag if you have PVDMs installed in your router.

If not, that is the reason.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please verify with show diag if you have PVDMs installed in your router.

If not, that is the reason.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Right after I posted this it occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to do anything with this FXS card with no PVDM. I have that on the way so I'll just have to be patient. Thanks for your reply.

Do a 'show diag | i PVDM'.

My guess is nothing shows up. You'll need one of the PVDM-256K DSPs for the 1760 in order to configure the dial peer.

You can check the DSP calculator for more details.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: