Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC2-4FXO port problem, Hardware ???

nrnick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, i am new to this site...

I just installed 2x VIC2-4FXO on a 2801 router, on the 1st card, the last port (0/0/3) have the IN USE amber led on since I installed the card, but much brighter than normal... and the port isn't working at all. Any suggestion ?

Software version, 12.4(11)XJ3

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps it got stuck. Try shut no/shut the voice-port, but if it stays like that you have to reload the router. If it stays like that and no line connected, is defective.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

i tried shutdown and no shutdown couples of time before, didn't help, but this problem appeared when I installed this card few weeks ago (brand new router with brand new card). I also reloaded the router couple of time since then... I was wondering if there was a way to hard reset the card ... I guess it is defective ! thanks for the reply !

I am also having an issue with thoses external FXO port, poor line quality, bad audio and i am also having a delay between the time i dial an external number to the PSTN and the connection, about 5 sec...

Hi,

for the bad audio, please follow the guide for doing a THL tone sweep with auto settings, at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080477a06.shtml

for the post dial delay, configure dial-peer without the T for fixed length numbers. Os set timeout interdigit lower in telephony-service.

Thanks ! this was exactly what i needed !

By the way, do someone know how to get either a RMA number, factory repair or replacement of the defective FXO card? Reseller said that i am on my own with this...

Thanks again !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: