Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC3-2FXS/DID Card on Cisco 2901

Hello,

I'm hoping somone might be able to help..

Is the VIC3-2FXS/DID card supported in the EHWIC slots on a Cisco 2901.  I installed one today and I do see the voice-card in the running configuration but I don't see any voice-ports for me to configure.  I'm trying to configure simple dial-peers between two routers.  Do you know if I need a NM-2V Adapters for this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jon                   

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is supported, can you post "sh diagnostics" and "sh inventory"

Chris

Hi Jon,

Do u have PVDM's inserted on router motherboard?

regds,

aman

Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner ~

So no, I don't have any PVDM's inserted.  Is that something that I need to install or is there a chance that those might have already been inserted.  I did test these cards with a 2911 using a NM-HD-2V card and was able to see the voice-ports in my running config.

@ Chris -- the routers are in a production lab that I'll be at later this afternoon -- I'll get you a sh diagnostics and sh inventory.  I'm pretty sure the card is showing up in the inventory.

Thanks for all the support!

Jon

Hi Jon,

You were able to do with NM-HD-2V since this module has got DSPs which are on-board.

regds,

aman

So if I was using a 2901 where I don't have the option of using a NM-HD-2V card how would I make it work?  Do I need to insert PVDM's to be able to program voice-ports?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yes, u require PVDMs.

regds,

aman