Views
Helpful
Replies

Video and Audio Conference Bridges - IOS

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Hey all,

I have configured a IOS Video Conference bridge and an audio only CFB on an IOS Router. I can successfully conference 3 or more members using Video, so all good.

I cannot however conference in audio clients such as PSTN numbers. I receive the Unable to setup Conference message on the Phone Display.

BTW, I have the Video CFB and the Audio CFG in different MRGs. The Video CFB MRG is ordered higher than the Audio, as I would like IP Phones to preference video and fallback to audio as required.

If I order the Audio CFB MRG above the Video CFB MRG, it works fine, however now no conferences activate Video until all the Audio CFB resources are used.

How can I  configure the IOS CFBs to go between Video and Audio as required?

Cheers

Ben

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

What is the exact callmanager version?

You may check the following

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCts80956

Call Manager not classifying video endpoints correctly based off H245

Symptom:  Intelligent bridge selection chooses a video conference bridge instead of an audio one when a audio conference resource should be selected.

Additionally, there is also a service parameter that influences how a conference bridge is selected:

"Allocate Video Conference Bridge for Audio-only Conferences When Video Conference Bridge Has Higher Priority

This parameter determines whether Cisco Unified Communications Manager chooses a video conference bridge, when available, for an ad hoc audio-only conference call when a video conference bridge has a higher priority than an audio conference bridge in the MRGL.

If an audio conference bridge has higher priority than any video conference bridge in the MRGL, Cisco Unified Communications Manager ignores this parameter.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

System version: 9.1.1.20000-5

Are you talking about the service parameter: "Minimum Video Capable Participants To Allocate Video Conference "

I dont see the exact one you mentioned?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

You need to click on the 'Advanced' tab at the top of the page and then this option will appear. In the meantime i will check further as your ccm should not be affected by the above mentioned bug.

Manish

The ' Intelligent Bridge Selection ' feature of callmanager should allow the callmanager to pick the right conferencing resource as per the capabilities of the endpoints involved

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/video.html#wpxref41047

It seems that the next step would be to captured detailed ccm traces for a test conf call and engage TAC.

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have changed the m
Allocated video to minimum 1 and allocated video if higher to true. I will restart the CUCM service tonight and test.

I did do another test. From an 8945 I rang a mobile. I could then successfully conference in another 8945 IP phone, the. I successfully conferences in a second mobile.

I then disconnected the second IP phone, leaving two mobile and a single 8945 phone in the conference and it was still operating.

This is what led me to change the "allocate video if there minimum number of video phones" service parameter. After the Ccm service restart I will post the results.

Cheers
Ben

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Manish,

it was really a helpful. in my scenario we have conductor and vTS, when we only choose vTS CFB then video conf call is working fine but when we add one more MRG of audio CFB for audio fallback purpose then all conf calls works as audio only. your mentioned service parameter change really did the job and now my conf initiated as video.