Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video on demand on Cisco Unified IP Phones 9951

Good time of the day!

I've got another question about Cisco 9951 IP phones. If Cisco Unified Video Camera is connected and enabled, and video capabilities are enabled, by default all calls become video calls if both endpoints support it. This is not convenient. I would like to have a dedicated 'VideoCall' button (preferably softkey) to establish video calls and leave all calls audio-only by default. How can this be done?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

From the user guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/accessories_rt902.html#wp1013284) it looks like one method of doing this is to simply close the aperture/shutter

Not sure if there is a 'button' way other than turning off video once it is active..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The problem with this approach is that the established call is still a video call with the corresponding menu and black screen. When a video call is established, the menu items change and you cannot see active sessions because of the video (even if it's not fullscreen). There is actually an "Auto Transmit Video" setting under "Accessories > Cisco Unified Video Camera" which controls whether video stream is sent by default on all video calls, but this is not what I want because of the above mentioned menu and screen changes during a video call.