Views
Helpful
Replies

Video over IP expert needed - help !!!

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I am currently in the middle of rolling out a Tandberg/Codian video conferencing solution, using Codian MCU, Codian IP Gateway, Codian ISDN Gateway and Tandberg endpoints. And I am experiencing video quality issues when on bridged calls (calls connecting through the MCU), I can see the video quality is not as crisp and there is a delay in motion compare to point to point calls (direct calls without MCU), video quality is much crisper and there is no delay in motion on point to point calls.

- Has anyone run into this type of issue with the similar setup ?

- Can someone help explain why this type of issue happens ?

- Any ideas on how to go about fixing this type of issue ?

I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Danny

2 Replies 2

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

The trunk to the MCU (or the MCU itself) may not support the (higher quality) codec that is used when the two devices communicate directly.

Thanks Jeffrey !! I appreciate your response !!

I see your point. The Codian MCU that I have is a 4515 and can support HD video and there is no trunk between the endpoints and the MCU, all connect direct via IP and both the endpoints and the MCU reside on the same network. And the delay is pretty noticeable when on a bridged call verses point-to-point call.

Let me know if you can think of anything else !!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: