cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Memory Usage % High

connollyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys we have 3 CCM servers one publisher and two subscribers.

Virtual memory is running at 80% on the publisher and about 60% on the subscribers.

I keep getting the below alerts.

Should I be overly worried about this alerts? And if so what action should I take?

On Fri Sep 14 12:20:28 BST 2007 on node 10.52.224.10.

Available virtual memory below 30 Percent.

dbmon (1127 MB) uses most of the memory.

25 Replies 25

Hi,

Unfortunately, the issue is still not fixed. A case is opened for a lot of months, but Cisco does not catch the root cause.

Please keep us updated if anyone find a cause.

Thank you.

Yorick

ok thanks!

does a reboot of the machine fix the problem temporally until it grow up again ?

Exactly, we have 2 installations with this issue. One under 6.1.2, the other under 5.1.1.

Both have E1 QSIG/MGCP GW. But other installations without the problem have E1 QSIG MGCP Gw too...

look at this

CSCsv64565

this might be our problem we are running on 6.1.1120

got this from the rss hot tac issue

Well seen!

This bug is indeed interesting. The issue would occur with the CallBack feature from remote site through QSIG.

But, in our situation, the calls in progress graph is growing up linearly, and I am pretty sure users don't use CallBack every minute, including nights and week-ends ;).

Actually the engineer handling our case saw the Cdcc process crashs too, but not the cause.

What I am thinking is, there is another QSIG cause for the subprocess Cdcc crashs... I will push your bug id to TAC.

Thank you for this help! Very interesting.

Best regards,

Yorick

Additionally, I found this bug CSCsk60495, related to similar behavior with Path replacement. And indeed, this feature is implemented between our Cisco cluster and the Siemens PBX. It's a good way to troubleshoot in, we will try to disable path replacement.

Yorick

Same was the issue I was facing and found the same bug ID. Spent sleepless nights with Cisco TAC, who did anatomical study deep in to the OS level, found the bug ID and finally suggested to upgrade the cluster from 5.1.2 to 6.1.2.

Just check again and found that we haven't faced the same problem (High VM %)for over 11 months since then.

Regards,

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

The fact is we already are in 6.1.2, meaning there is surely another bug related to MGCP QSIG gateways...

I will try to disable Path replacement.

Rebooting does solve the problem (temporarily) and solved in my case also. But is never a suggested solution as it can reoccur.

Solution implemented in my cluster- Upgrade the CCM cluster.

Regards,

Ashish

strick_9
Level 1
Level 1

I know this shows closed but i am still haveing this issue, running CCM

System version: 6.1.2.1116-2
Pub and Sub
DS3 between them
Pub Virtual Memory continues to rise, eventually i have to reboot the PUB
Any one ?

Hi strick,

What kind of telco/interPBX links do you have? Any QSIG line with a legacy PBX?