Views
Helpful
Replies

Virus on Publisher server

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

One of our customer has got a win32.pinfi virus on their publisher. I am having tough time to recover it from virus. My only option is to rebuild.

Question here is when i rebuild the publisher and bring it on to network would be sync-up with subscriber?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

I was working with someone on a very similar problem back in May 2007 who sucessfully did this type of change;

You should be good to go with this plan. Here is a little added info (just in case);

Replacing the Publisher Database Server After the Installation

To replace an existing or failed server, perform the following steps:

1. Install the operating system and the Cisco CallManager software as if it were a new installation by using the Cisco-provided operating system disks and the operating system documentation.

2. Upgrade to the version of the Cisco CallManager that you want to restore.

3. If necessary, reinstall the Cisco IP telephony applications, plugins, and service releases to the version that is compatible with the restored version of Cisco CallManager.

4. To obtain the locales that were used prior to the restoration, reinstall the Cisco IP Telephony Locale Installer.

5. Restore the backup data to the new server and reboot the server.

To restore the data, you must have backup data stored on tape or on a network directory, not on the local directory of the existing or failed server.

6. Verify that the data was restored to the new server.

7. If you are replacing a server with four drives, Cisco recommends that you set the trace directory path on the server to the default C: drive before you backup your server.

8. If your server has four drives, you can configure the trace drive for trace file collection.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00803f5c57.html#wp534959

May thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde6a72

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

I was working with someone on a very similar problem back in May 2007 who sucessfully did this type of change;

You should be good to go with this plan. Here is a little added info (just in case);

Replacing the Publisher Database Server After the Installation

To replace an existing or failed server, perform the following steps:

1. Install the operating system and the Cisco CallManager software as if it were a new installation by using the Cisco-provided operating system disks and the operating system documentation.

2. Upgrade to the version of the Cisco CallManager that you want to restore.

3. If necessary, reinstall the Cisco IP telephony applications, plugins, and service releases to the version that is compatible with the restored version of Cisco CallManager.

4. To obtain the locales that were used prior to the restoration, reinstall the Cisco IP Telephony Locale Installer.

5. Restore the backup data to the new server and reboot the server.

To restore the data, you must have backup data stored on tape or on a network directory, not on the local directory of the existing or failed server.

6. Verify that the data was restored to the new server.

7. If you are replacing a server with four drives, Cisco recommends that you set the trace directory path on the server to the default C: drive before you backup your server.

8. If your server has four drives, you can configure the trace drive for trace file collection.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00803f5c57.html#wp534959

May thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde6a72

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob:

As always..thanks for your suggestions, we are planning for this weekend rebuilt, as we dont want to disrupt operations.

Hi Rajesh,

You are always welcome my friend :) Good luck this weekend, let us know how this works out.

Take care,

Rob