Views
Helpful
Replies

Visual Voicemail

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

I have visual Voicemail setup on a phone as a test before I deploy

it out to all users. After I log in I see the voice message, but when i press play it says opening line, then it retry's the line I see the line pickup then hangup again, it keeps doing this 3 different times then it says no lines availble. I followed the directions to the letter and double and even triple checked everything and it is all configured correctly. Can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi There,

Have you tried different call_connect_delay's ?

The default is 1000 but this value might need to be adjusted. You may want to try 500.

I had this type of issue where I had to delete the parameters multiple times and readd to get the service running.

Another thing you may want to try is the IP address instead of the hostname or vice versa.

Parameter
Description

call_connect_delay

Specifies in milliseconds the delay that Visual Voicemail allows for a call to be automatically answered and connected to the voicemail server. This call is then used to play or record a message.

The default value is 1000, but this value might need to be adjusted if there is significant network latency between the IP Phones running Visual Voicemail and the voicemail server.

If this value is not large enough, then calls created by Visual Voicemail to play or record messages might be disconnected after five or six seconds.

log_level

Specifies the degree of detail that you want to appear for the phones that subscribe to the Visual Voicemail service.

never_save_localization_data

(Optional) Specifies whether to save localized user interface text in the memory of the phones.

tui_key_mappings_file_url

(Optional) Specifies the HTTP location of the key mappings file. For more information about this parameter, see Configuring Key Mappings in Visual Voicemail.

tui_key_mappings_file_version

(Optional) Specifies the version number of the key mappings file. For more information about this parameter, see Configuring Key Mappings in Visual Voicemail.

use_secure_https_connection

(Optional) Specifies whether to implement security in the Visual Voicemail service, that is whether to use HTTPS instead of HTTP to transmit voice messages.

Set the value of this parameter to Yes to implement security in the Visual Voicemail service.

voicemail_server

Specifies the hostname of the voicemail server.

HTH, if so please vote.

Regards,

Justin

Still getting the same thing. No matter what I try.

Sorry I forgot to add that you have to delete the service and readd all parameters each time you make changes to any parameter. Editing the current service for some reason will not work.  I confirmed this with TAC.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: