Views
Helpful
Replies

VMWARE NETWORK SETTINGS FOR CUCM 7

ssunder1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

1 -  I am trying to install cucm 7 on vmvare and every time its unsuccessfull. I,m supecting that its failing due to network adepter settings of vmware.

Please some one let me know what ip address I have to give in vmware network adopter & what ip I should use in cucm network configuration, so that my laptop can communicate with cucm 7 via vmware. I can use any ip class.  In vmware network adepters are available like VMnet0 & VMnet8 etc. please let me know which ip i should use on which interface so that communication can be done in right direction.       

2 - I have a bootable dvd of cucm 7 & a extra laptop with 4gb ram. Can I install cucm normaly on laptop or not ? if yes what should be steps for that if no then why ?

Thank You

Shyam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Shyam,

What RAM and HDD you are provisioning for the Virtual machine. What OS you are running in the VM.

IP address can be any thing, only thing keep in mind is the network of NIC of actual Hardware and the VM installed on the hardware should be same.

See if your laptop is compatible to install EXSI 4 or 5 in it. CUCM do care what hardware you are running but I believe you are using it for LAB environment and you can use any hardware.

Please note :- Running CUCM 7 on vmware is not supported.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Shyam,

What RAM and HDD you are provisioning for the Virtual machine. What OS you are running in the VM.

IP address can be any thing, only thing keep in mind is the network of NIC of actual Hardware and the VM installed on the hardware should be same.

See if your laptop is compatible to install EXSI 4 or 5 in it. CUCM do care what hardware you are running but I believe you are using it for LAB environment and you can use any hardware.

Please note :- Running CUCM 7 on vmware is not supported.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

I am giving 4GB RAm & 90GB space & using windows 7 enterprise edition.

Supose my laptop NIC ip is 192.168.1.2 & gateway is 192.168.1.1 then what should be settings on VMnet0 & VMnet8 & what ip i have to give in cucm ip & gatways option.

I have laptop with processor - AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile Processor N530 (2.5 GHz, 2MB L2 cache)

4 GB RAM & 320 HDD. Can I use this laptop for cucm through bootable dvd without any hardware compatebilty ?

What is the funcationalty of VMnet0 & VMnet8.

Thank You

Shyam

Hi Shyam,

Officially AMD precessor is not supported by cisco for CUCM application. You will have to have below mentioned hardware to get it work. It may work with your current hardware but you will have to give it a trial.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support

Check 1st is EXSi supports your current hardware.

When you install ESXi give ip address of same network. And also while installing CUCM application use same network.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: