Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice deployment design help required

nishjhony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a scenario in which I need to design a voice deployment solution.

The scenario is that we have multiple CUCM v9 clusters interconnected with a CUCM Session manager in Europe. In Asia we have more number of clusters (Cisco CM clusters, Avaya CM clusters and analog PBX) which are not interconnected and no on-net calls happening in between. The plan is to retain the existing Asian clusters (Cisco CM clusters, Avaya CM clusters and analog PBX) as it is and to have on-net call facility to be enabled between EU & Asian clusters. The ISP (service providers) which serves us in EU do not have their service in Asian region but it can be achieved with the local ISP in Asia with some limitations. Both the EU ISP and Asian ISP will be peered in between.

Please let me know how I can achieve this on-net calling facility between the EU clusters & Asian clusters. I have noted down three types of possible solutions down below. Kindly let me know which one would be technically more appropriate.

1. Make all the Asian clusters register with CUCM session manager. In this case I am not sure how it will work with Avaya CM & Analog PBX

2. Introducing a Gatekeeper in Asian region. This will help us in consolidating the dial plans of all the Asian clusters and thus we can add this GK in CUCM session manager. (Not sure if GK can be added here)

3. To have ICTs, SIP and Q.Sig trunks in between all the clusters. I think this is an unsuitable solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Nish

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In this situation, I would use SME (CUCM Session manager) to integrate All cucm and Avaya PBX using SIP trunks between SME and Other cluster/Avaya CM as it would centralize the dial plan and make the integration simple to manage and troubleshoot. The only challenge is to integrate Analog pbx there I would use qsig, if analog PBX and Asia CUCM' gateway are located at same location then simply I would connect e1 cable between Analog PBX and Cisco voice Gateway and adjust the dial plan accordingly.

Suresh

Awsome. 

So let me note down to see if my understanding is correct.

I should make use of the existing SME (located in EU) here. Integrate all the Cisco & Avaya CM using SIP trunks with SME thus centralizing the dial plan which eventually helps in manage & troubleshoot. Now use Qsig or e1 to connect Analog PBX depending on the GW location and modify the dial plan as required.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks Suresh

You are most welcome !!!

Yes, it is correct.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: