cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I need advice on a design. If you have a remote site on a centralised model, and the Wan link is on a seperate router to the Voice gateway. Would you just configure 1 gateway in UCCM(6.1) and point the relevant digits to the voice

gateway and then create a dial peer to point to the relevant outbound wan router?

This would mean the traffic flow would go from phone, to ccm, to vgwy, then back through same vgwy intface and out through wan router. Is there any issue with doing it like this. I am thinking that you would need to go through the Vgwy in case any transcoding is required.

I guess ideally you would want to have the pstn and wan connection on the same router. but in this case it is not possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Would you just configure 1 gateway in UCCM(6.1) and point the relevant digits to the voice

gateway and then create a dial peer to point to the relevant outbound wan router?

[A] First part, correct, CUCM it is just aware of IPs.

Please read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

We have tons of docs in our site in how configuring this.

CUCM is never involved in traffic flow UNLESS is acting as Conference resource, MTP or MOH.

CallManager fundamentals and Voice Gateways and Gatekeeper are good books you can check.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Would you just configure 1 gateway in UCCM(6.1) and point the relevant digits to the voice

[A] First part, correct, CUCM it is just aware of IPs.

Please read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

We have tons of docs in our site in how configuring this.

CUCM is never involved in traffic flow UNLESS is acting as Conference resource, MTP or MOH.

CallManager fundamentals and Voice Gateways and Gatekeeper are good books you can check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: