Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice guide for user with out a Voice Mail

Hello,

I had an installation with CCM R7.1 that had 400 ip phones, we had a VM with Cisco Unity Connection R7.1 with only 100 user licences. Everything works fine, but the new manager wants that when some ipphones had an incomming call, after the timer for ring no answer, if the user has a VM the call has to be transfer to the user voice mail, but it the user doesn't have a VM the call has to be transfer to a voice guide that plays "the user you call can't answer your call, please try later..."

Any ideas? Please consider that on the installation we don have CCX or IVRs

Regards,

Luis

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

If you look in CUCM Admin there is an area called Voicemail Profile. Use this in conjunction with a Call Handler (we'll use 1111) created in Unity Connection that has the greeting  "the user you call can't answer your call, please try later..."

Feature > Voicemail > Voicemail Profile. This area allows you to configure a Profile that points to a specific DN/Voicemail Box. When you apply this Profile to DN's any call that forwards to the Voicemail System from these DN's will be directed to the specified 1111 Call Handler.

For example: you want all calls that go to DN 2222 (user without Voicemail) and then forwards to VM to go to the new 1111 Call Handler

You would create a Profile in CUCM called "1111 Transfer or whatever" which points to DN 1111 (**Voicemail Box Mask = 1111). Apply this new profile to 2222 (under DN config page VM-Profile) and when calls route through 2222 and forward to voicemail they will recieve the 1111 Transfer Greeting etc.

This profile can be applied to as many phones as needed

Hope this makes sense!
Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your answer, I will try next week and will let you know if works.

Regards,

Luis

Rob's idea is great for your requirements but I'm a bit of a purist.  So when you say "user without a voice mail" that implies something quite specific which is that "Hey, this user for whatever reason is not being given a voicemail".  From, there I'd use the built in "NoVoiceMail" VM profile and their phone will behave like a phone for a user without VM - it will ring until the calling party hangs up.  I'd have this conversation with the manager and let them know that this may or may not be a very scalable approach....and they need to be forced into making the call from there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: