Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice GW Design

Hello All,

A quick voice gateway design question. I have a 2811 currently acting as a WAN router for two remote sites. I have a 3750 switch stack, which is doing routing for my main site VLANS (about 10 vlans). Right now I have a routed link between the 3750 and the 2811. I need to enable mgcp on the 2811 and use it to terminate my voice PRIs. My question is: Can I leave this router with its current IP address (an address that is on the network between the 2811 and 3750)? Or would I need to run two subinterfaces on the 2811, one for data and one for voice, to separate voice and data, and then run a trunk down to the 3750? I think I can leave it alone and I am just going to over complicate things with subinterfaces and trunk, but I want to make sure.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Voice GW Design

Hi, when voice goes on a high speed LAN link, you don't need to do any subif, vlan or anything else.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Re: Voice GW Design

Hi,

Since you have a layer 3 connectivity between the router and the swithc, there is really no need to go for subinterfaces or anything else.

This is absolutely fine.

-> Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content