cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOICE_IEC-3-GW error - no external calling available

zrunner626
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been getting this error on the logs of my router,

"%VOICE_IEC-3-GW: C SCRIPTS: Internal Error (Interface busy): IEC=1.1.182.11.26.0 on callID" 

It was happening last Thursday about the same time it was reported that the location could not make or receive external calls. Users could still dial 5 digits inside company.

It's a 2851 router, running c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M6.bin and has analog lines connected to FXO card. We had a problem with one of these analog lines previously. I'm wondering if it's not a telco issue again. Suddenly the problem cleared up and calls were successful again without me doing anything.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

From the error decoder tool

%VOICE_IEC-3-GW: [chars]: Internal Error ([chars]): IEC=[dec].[dec].[dec].[dec].[dec].[dec] on callID [dec] [chars]

An internally-detected error has caused a voice call to be released or terminated. An Internal Error Code (IEC) has been generated to report the error. This IEC will be logged in the accounting record for this call. In addition it is being reported through syslog because of the voice iec syslog configuration.

Recommended Action: To display more information on the details of this error, enter the show voice iec description IECvalue command, with IECvalue being the value of the IEC that was received. Debugging actions might also indicate the cause of the error.

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I did run the following command but it didn't really help me much.

sh voice iec desc 1.1.182.11.26.0

IEC Version: 1

Entity: 1 (Gateway)

Category: 182 (Hardware Resources Unavailable)

Subsystem: 11 (C SCRIPTS)

Error: 26 (Interface busy)

Diagnostic Code: 0

Any ideas on what to try debugging?

Hi,

Try looking at this link- there are a couple references to the interface busy error

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_IOS_Voice_Troubleshooting_and_Monitoring_--_VoIP_Network_Troubleshooting_Using_Cisco_VoIP_Internal_Error_Codes

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: