Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail is not working.

sanjaydevan
Level 1
Level 1

Pals,

We have implemented new cisco voip system in our org,.

Few users started complaining that they are not able to get into their voice mail.

when they press voice mail, that gets into the general message of cisco and never asks for a pin?

Can someone help me on this ASAP.

Deva.

7 Replies 7

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you using Unity connection or Unity Express?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what is the prompt that the DO hear?

also have you checked and see if the extension on the phone (depending on the voicemail profile's mask), matches the extension in Unity?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yes Cisco Unity Connection is in place.

Both the extensions are same.

When pressing the messages button it plays the general cisco voice mail greeting and never asking for a PIN like other users.

Can you please check on the Unity Connection side whether this user exist if not import this user to UC, also try syncing it.

there could bescenario where Unity connection not able to recognize the user or does not have it, that's the reason user is getting/listening opening instead of asking PIN.

if above does not help try to re-add it again and check it works or not.

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I did check and it is there in Unity.

It was working before it seems. now it is not.

Deva.

Ensure you have proper voicemail profile applied on the DNs in CUCM, then make sure you don't have some Routing Rules in UCXN that intercept these calls. And lastly use port monitor to observe what digits arrive.

HTH,

Chris

Thats my bad. It is 8000.

The sample screenshot which i uploaded was for a working user. I am asking if the screen tells anything weird.

When an user calls from a phone number 4043000335, what it should be there in the screen. Everything seems perfect but I don't understand what is the problem.

Deva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: