Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voice mail problem

hi All,

I have configured voice mail on cisco 7960 with CUE 2.2.but when when call comes to phone, in case of not answering the call is forwarded to voice mail box.

what will be the possible reason?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: Voice mail problem

hi All,

I have configured voice mail on cisco 7960 with CUE 2.2.but when when call comes to phone, in case of not answering and busy call, the call is NOT forwarded to voice mail box.

what will be the possible reason?

Thanks in advance.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Do you have "voicemail" statement under telephony-service in CCME pointing to VM pilot?

Is the VM pilot configured on CUE?

Do you have call-forward busy, and call-forward noans x timeout x under ephone-dn?

Do you have transfer-pattern statement under telephony-service?

What failure do you get? Fast busy, etc?

Can you posts your CME config (I am assuming you're using CME not CM, let us know otherwise)

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.The problem has been solved.I am using CME in integration with CUE.The problem is with dialer-pattern statement in telephony services.i removed the statement now the incoming call is forwarded to voicemail box in case of noan/busy.My call forward busy/noan statement was correct.

As i am new to VOICE/ IP Telephony can u just brief me that why it was not working with the dialer-pattern statement.

attached is the config.Now when i press the Message button on ip phone its take too much time to got to voice mail box..pls guide.

thanks in advance.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

It is due to a bug as the CUE did not recognize the expended number, as a workaround you can use a translation rule applied to the dial-peer pointing to CUE. Such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^212555\(3...\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile CUE

translate called 1

translate calling 1

translate redirect-called 1

dial-peer voice 100 voip

translation-profile outgoing CUE

destination-pattern 3000

dial-peer voice 101 voip

translation-profile outgoing CUE

destination-pattern 2125553000

the above example assumes that your DID range is 212-555-3... and the VM pilot is 3000.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies