cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Profiles

khenning
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to clean up some programming in our Call Managers and right now we have 665 VM profiles programmed. Due to people leaving, retiring, or getting laid off we only have 560 actual VM user.

Is there a way that I can search for VM profiles that are not associated with any devices so I can delete them out of the programming.

Thanks

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kevin,

This is an honest mistake to be sure

You would normailly setup one VM Profile per VM system integration. In our case

we had two main profiles due to the fact that we were runing Octel and Unity

Connection integrations side by side for a period of time. The relationship is built in the section

of the doc below;

Voice-Mail Profile Configuration

http://www-europe.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b05vmprf.html

When configuring a VM profile we have one called something like C_U_C_profile that points

to the Pilot number for Unity Connection and one called Octel_profile that points to the Pilot

number for Octel. One is designated "make this the Primary profile" for the system. When this has been

designated the phones/DN's use the VM profile to associate to the proper system.

So most of our phones use which points to Unity Connection and the rest use Octel_profile

to point to it.

Don't forget that it is really the CLID of the DN itself that Unity Connection sees to play

the proper user greeting.

Try seeting up a new profile and test phone that uses this profile and you will see what I

mean here Once you have changed the users VM profile to be able to use all

other profiles could be removed.

Cheers! I hope this makes sense.
Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Good grief. Why do you have a VM profile for every user? This should be generic and used for everyone in most cases. What is going on that is unique per user?

To answer your question: I'm not aware of a report through the GUI. You could probably come up with a SQL query through the CLI though.

Being fairly new to this, I am wondering with a generic VM profile, How can you get  the correct message to the correct phone. We have a VM profile for every user and that is associated with that users Phone.  When you set up the Voice mail profile at the phone under the line settings it ask for a Voice Mail profile. If that is a generic user on every phone once again how does the message for that phone get to the correct phone.

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

This is an honest mistake to be sure

You would normailly setup one VM Profile per VM system integration. In our case

we had two main profiles due to the fact that we were runing Octel and Unity

Connection integrations side by side for a period of time. The relationship is built in the section

of the doc below;

Voice-Mail Profile Configuration

http://www-europe.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b05vmprf.html

When configuring a VM profile we have one called something like C_U_C_profile that points

to the Pilot number for Unity Connection and one called Octel_profile that points to the Pilot

number for Octel. One is designated "make this the Primary profile" for the system. When this has been

designated the phones/DN's use the VM profile to associate to the proper system.

So most of our phones use which points to Unity Connection and the rest use Octel_profile

to point to it.

Don't forget that it is really the CLID of the DN itself that Unity Connection sees to play

the proper user greeting.

Try seeting up a new profile and test phone that uses this profile and you will see what I

mean here Once you have changed the users VM profile to be able to use all

other profiles could be removed.

Cheers! I hope this makes sense.
Rob

Thanks For the replies. We are running With Unity 4.0

with our message store as Microsoft Exchange. When we first were set up

with VOIP that is how we were told to do it. I think We are looking at moving to Unity Connections this coming

Summer.  That is a decision by our  IT/Network people. This would be helpful for us to have a single VM profile since we do deal with a lot of turnover each year.

We are a public school system in Lincoln nebraska and right now have close to 2700 phones in the system and looking at adding close to 700-800 more this next summer. The way we do it now Thank God not all of them have Voice Mail.

Once again if we can set it up so not everyone has a profile and everyone gets thier messages and people hear the proper greeting that would be great.

Thanks Again

Kevin

A great explanation by Rob as usual.

You may want to look at Cisco Unified  Provisioning Manager if you are doing a lot of changes. At scale, it can drastically reduce the amount of effort needed.

aod
Level 1
Level 1

Go the the vmprofile look at the dependancy records.  It will tell you

which DNs are associated with each vmprofile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: