cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail

livewire101
Level 1
Level 1

Below is the scenerio I am trying to troubleshoot. I am new to callmanager so any input would be very helpful.

x1268 w/vm and x1283 w/o vm

rings 1st to 1268 then rolls to 1283 then back to 1268, if 1268 does not pick up 1268 vm should pick up but it does not, it only does if the line is busy. when I change the vm setting on the phone line to pick up when 1268 is not busy then the line does not roll to 1283, it rings and if she does not pick up then it goes straight to voice mail.

what should occur during and after hours is the following:

incoming call rings to x1268 if no answer, then rolls to x1283 if no answer, then rolls back to 1268 and voicemail should pickup

but that's not happening

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Are you using Unity or Unity Connection as a VM system? If that's the case you can create a call routing rule. Seems that it's not hitting the

VM box as the call comes with a forwarding station=1283

Can you please use the Call Viewer from the Unity Tools Depot, see how the call comes in and create a rule for forwarded calls that send the

call to the VM box of 1268?

Please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/interface_reference/guide/ex/50curg100e.html

I hope this helps, if it does please rate!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Teresa,

Thanks for the reply, will this work even if there is no VM setup on 1283?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Teresa (+5 points for this Teresa).

In your scenario, try setting the Forward No Answer on 1283 to go to Voicemail rather than back to 1268. This will prevent the Loop that you are seeing and should route the call from 1283 to the mailbox on 1268 if 1283 does not answer.

Hope this helps!

Rob

This is the whole issue. There is no voice mail on 1283so that is why the setup is to go back to 1268 if there is no answer.

Hi Kenny,

Have you tried this out?

By default, the VM system will likely use the Originally dialed Number 1268 when routing the call to the mailbox. So when the call routes via 1268 > Forward No Answer to 1283 > which then uses Forward No Answer to the VM Pilot number, the Greeting that will be played is for 1268 :)

Hope this helps!

Rob