Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Msgs on External Database

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello every body,

I have to integrate Cisco Unity Connection 8.5 with MS Outlook for Unified Messaging.

In unified messaging by default once the voice msg received it will send as wav file attachment to clients email.

Because of Mail Box size issue, my customer dont want to receive voice msgs as an attachment into email.

He wants to store all voice msgs to an external database & instead of sending the wav file, he wants to send an link to the clients through email, which will point to the voice msg available on external database ?

Can we achieve this through unity connection 8.5 or 8.6 ?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot send VM to external DB, why would you need to do that?  Your UCON data store would be your external database if you do not want the mesages to go to Exchange inbox.

Message notifications devices can be added to each user, you can define phone number, pager, e-mail, etc, etc, this can be managed by users independently as well if desired.

For speech to text there are some changes coming (might already be there in version 8.6), but essentially it is external service for which you pay monthly/yearly subscription fees and cannot be configured to use 3rd party products.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris`

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, it seems like unified messaging is not what they want then and the quick fix would be to remove single inbox configuration and let UCON be the sole data store (external DB) and simply use message notification to send email with link to Cisco Inbox.

HTH,

Chris

Thanx Chris,

I understand your point.

Can you please tell me how to configure UCON to forward its VM to an External Database ?

& How to send msg notification with link to Cisco Inbox ?

I have one more question about Unity Connection Speech to Text that can we

use the Speech recognition of MS exchange to UCON as a third party STT engine instead of UNCON STT engine ?

Regards

You cannot send VM to external DB, why would you need to do that?  Your UCON data store would be your external database if you do not want the mesages to go to Exchange inbox.

Message notifications devices can be added to each user, you can define phone number, pager, e-mail, etc, etc, this can be managed by users independently as well if desired.

For speech to text there are some changes coming (might already be there in version 8.6), but essentially it is external service for which you pay monthly/yearly subscription fees and cannot be configured to use 3rd party products.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris`

Thanks Chris,

Appreciated ur help.