Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Network with IPsec connections

Hi All,

I have to design a network that  supports up to 100 remote sites and one HQ site, all the remotes should communicate with HQ as Star network. At the remote there will be two telephone lines and one laptop. The remotes will be able to call HQ and other remotes via HQ.  All remotes should be connected to the HQ by using IPsec connection.

I am think to use at remotes  Cisco881V, it gives me ability connect analog phone and IP phone as well in addition I will be able to build IPsec tunnel.

My question for HQ I need router and voice gateway able to terminate IPsec sessions from the remotes and do call process and routing, and be able to connect to the other PBAX via E1link

Any suggestions I will be appreciated

Thanks

Abdallah

4 Replies 4

Any suggestions

Well you need a call agent. This can be either CUCM or CME. I think CME is suitable for your setup. Look for the maximum amount of phones and ephones you can support on the 3900 platform you are planning to acquire. Also a CUE module is a nice Voicemail/IVR addon, seen in almost every express deployment.

If you want to go the CallManager way, you can look into the Business Edition 6000, that scales I think up to 1000 users, but this require a UCS server, licensing and so on.

I dont think you want  the 881 to do processing for local phones. It can terminate the FXS port with Gateway like functionality, but probably you need a centralized engine. Look at this thread if you really want the 881 to have CME functions, it looks like that would need licensing.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11833831/c881-v-k9-uc-license-required-or-not

rothomas2
Level 1
Level 1

Well you might try to use an ISR G2 for this. Something in the order of a 29XX platform with also PVDM and a E1 Card. 

You do have to consider the maximum amount of Tunnels of the platform. Another option is to terminate the tunnels in a bigger ASA 55XX and use a 29XX to do the CME, PVDM and E1 connection. 

Thanks for your reply,

I will consider ASA for IPsec termination connections.

I will leave the 3900 router at HQ for call processing and handling, my question is what the modules are needed to be add to the 3900 router in order to support call handling and routing i.e. do I need to have CUCM or licenses

For the remote 881 with FXS ports to support analog RJ 45 to support IP phone, the rule of 881 to do call processing for local phones