cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice over VPN

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Can someone please give me a hand on this ? I am trying to connect a remote office using an 871W router EzVPN to a VPN Conectrator at the hub end. I got the IPSec tunnel up, I can ping and access data from the remote office. Now the next step I would like to do is to bring up voice, I would like to put voice and data on separate VLANs so I've created a VLAN for data and a VLAN for voice on the 871W router and I can ping CallManager server located at the hub site but for some reason I can not get the phone to register with CallManager.

Any help will be highly appreciated !!!

Thank you very much !!!

Danny

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In this case I do not see the need for putting the phone in a separate VLAN, as being a single phone there little chances that it can be disrupted by data traffic, on the other hand one VLAN just for the purpose of having a phone seems excessively complicated.

On the other hand being VPN even in case your data traffic is disrupting voice, you have little or no chances that any QoS configuration would prevent that.

This said, if you have voice in a separate VLAN, you should allow this subnet to go through the VPN as well.

Hi Paolo !! thank you very much for your response ! I actually have about 5 phones at this small office and my goal is to be able to use a single switch port on the 871W router to connect both the phone and the PC.

Any ideas on how to configure the 871W router for voice ?

Danny

Can you present a little more info on the config? Do you have the switchport voice vlan configured? Do you have the 871 handing out option 150?

Hi Danny,

I'm not 100% sure,but the 871 should use the same commands as for other models:

interface ...

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan

switchport voice vlan

interface

ip address ..

etc. Nothing else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: