Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice-port command

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure an FXO port on a router but the comand "voice-port" is not accepted. Is the command 'voice-port" supported on a cisco 2811 router?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Further to my previous post, one aspect which I initially overlooked was that there are no PVDMs listed in the output of the 'show diag'.

For both the FXO modules you will initally require at least a single PVDM2-8 in order to support 8 G711 voice channels.

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The command 'voice-port' is certainly supported on the 2811, it depends on the IOS which is running on the gateway.

In order to configure a specific FXO voice port, the correct syntax should be as follows:-

(config)#voice-port 0/1/0

(config-voiceport)#

Please advise which IOS version you have currently running on the gateway?

Incidentally, I assume that the voice-port is actually showing in the config? Can you confirm by posting the config and a 'show diag'.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the command as you specified, but it does not accept it. when I typed a questionmark after typing "voice" on global config mode, it only shows voice-card as option. The router IOS is c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.T4.bin. Attached are the outputs from the "sh run" and 'sh diag" command.

The version that you have specified should certainly support the VIC2-4FXO, the output from the 'show diag' indicates that the modules are recongnised, yet they do not appear within the configuration.

The earliest supported release is 12.4(2)T6, and the latest IPVoice-K9 release is 12.4(15)T1. I suspect that you running into a possible known bug, and unfortunately I cannot find any possible matches.

Therefore can I initally suggest that you upgrade to 12.4(15)T1 or later to see if the resolves the issue. I have configured a 2811 running 12.4(9)T3 with VIC2-4FXO in the past, so it is definately an IOS issue.

The AIM module incidentally is supported from 12.4(9)T6 within IPVoice-K9, therefore 12.4(15)T1 or later will fulfill your hardware requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Further to my previous post, one aspect which I initially overlooked was that there are no PVDMs listed in the output of the 'show diag'.

For both the FXO modules you will initally require at least a single PVDM2-8 in order to support 8 G711 voice channels.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks a lot Allan. You've resolved my issue. I have installed the PVDM2-8 and I can now use the voiceport command.

Hi bro i met the same situation as you now.
I need your help from your experience...
Thx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: