Views
Helpful
Replies

voice problems with gsm gateway

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

we connecting a Quescom 300 GSM gateway to Cisco Callmanager 8.6 via SIP Trunk. We call a number and the call is established and connected. But nothing is hear end-to-end in both directions (no voice while connected). We sniffed the packets and see many RTP packets with right codec and so on.

Anybody had the same? Can somebody provide me with a configuration guide from quescom connection to cisco callmanager 8.x? Its possible that the payload type or framesize be the issue?

Thanks for any suggestions!

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Did you get the solution for this?. If so can you share the solution . It might help me to solve this issue.

thanks in advance

regards

Ram

Vadym Maliarov
Level 1
Level 1

You mentioned RTP packets. What is the source and destination address? (Is it on telco side?)

Have you tried to decode RTP stream?

Check outgoing RTP packets. If they contain "normal voice" -  the issue isn't on CUCM

Check incomming RTP packets. What do you hear if you decode them?

Vadym

Hi,

I have same issue with topex mobilink ip gsm gateway.

call connected with no audio but this issue only for a outgoing calls from my extension. no issues with incoming to internal extension.

any advice plz.

I did connected CUBE 2921  to mobile providers by SIP trunk directly not throw gsm gateway.

I think it is better than gsm gateway

in your case if gateway connected by sip so do

clea logg

deb cssip mess

make call

sh logg

and copy paste log here

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: