Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Voice Translation from Europe to another European Country?

Hello

We have a customer using CME and they have the following Translations Outgoing.

voice translation-rule 18
 rule 1 /^870111/ /1/
 rule 2 /^8700/ /011/
 rule 3 /^87011/ /011/
 rule 4 /^871/ /1/

Dial Peer

dial-peer voice 128 pots
 description Forward CME to VSAT
 translation-profile outgoing VSAT_OUT
 destination-pattern 87T
 no digit-strip
 port 0/2/0:15

Effectively to get an outside line they dial 87 to dial but they are having problems calling any country except the USA.

My understanding is that if they try to dial 87 00 44 1..... to get to a UK number (they are based in Europe), the translation will strip the 87 00 and replace it with a 011 so it becomes 011 44.....

Am I reading that right?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Your config doesnt show your

Your config doesnt show your voice translation profile, but I am assuming that you have one that applies the translation rule you have above. If thats correct then yes, the 8700 will be replaced with 011

You need to remove the no digit strip under the dial-peer.. This will strip the 87 and send the remaining internation dialling prefix to the PSTN

I suggest you reconfigure the dial-peer as follows

conf t

no dial-peer voice 128 pots

dial-peer voice 128 pots
 destination-pattern 87T

This way the prefix 87 will be stripped and the relevant digit for international calls will be sent out to the PSTN

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
4 REPLIES

Yes.And apply it in correct

Yes.

And apply it in correct direction under translation profile.

voice translation-profile VSAT_OUT
 translate called 18

Hello!In addition to

Hello!

In addition to everything said, you can use

test voice translation-rule 18 <number_dialed>

to see, how your rule works..

Regards,

Kirill

VIP Super Bronze

Your config doesnt show your

Your config doesnt show your voice translation profile, but I am assuming that you have one that applies the translation rule you have above. If thats correct then yes, the 8700 will be replaced with 011

You need to remove the no digit strip under the dial-peer.. This will strip the 87 and send the remaining internation dialling prefix to the PSTN

I suggest you reconfigure the dial-peer as follows

conf t

no dial-peer voice 128 pots

dial-peer voice 128 pots
 destination-pattern 87T

This way the prefix 87 will be stripped and the relevant digit for international calls will be sent out to the PSTN

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

HiThanks for your reply, that

Hi

Thanks for your reply, that resolved the issue :)

It makes sense now I think about it, I just needed someone to point me in the right direction.

I didn't configure the CME for this customer so I am finding the odd issue here and there..

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content