Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Translation Rule Help

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ray Delahoussaye with American Innovations. I am trying to find a way to free up some extensions in our system that are being used as forwards and i was wondering if creating a voice translation rule might be a better way to go.

Example:

UserA has ext 34xx and that extension is being fwd to her home office #. She no longer resides in the building. Could a rule be created for whenever an inbound call comes to UserA's ext # it gets fwd to another #?? By doing this would this free up an extension or no. Right now our system supports a total of 98 extensions. We have two extensions left so we are using 96 of 98. By creating a voice translation rule would this free up that extension and we would then have 95 of 98 available??

Obviously UserA's extension could not be used for another person so maybe i just answered my own question but i would like to deffer to the experts.

Thanks very much

Ray Delahoussaye

System

CME Ver 8.5.1

CUE Ver 8.5.1

2 Replies 2

Hello Ray.

Let's assume that your DID is 701555XXX, the user extension is 1234 and the home number, where to transfer call is 7011234567.

You can create a translation rule like this:

voice translation-rule 20

/^7015551234/ /7011234567/

Than create a voice translation profile:

voice translation-profile transfer-to-home

translate called 20

Than apply this translation profile to your incoming dialpeer

dial-peer voice 10 pots

incoming called-number 701555....

direct-inward-dial

translation-profile incoming transfer-to-home

This will transfer all incoming calls to that user to user's home.

Now.

The extension 1234 can be assigned to another user but we have to let the user to be called from outside.

So we should select another free number in the DID range and translate it to the new users extension.

Eg.

Add a rule to previously created translation rule.

voice translation-rule 20

rule 2 /^7015558888/ /1234/

That will let new user at extension 1234 to be reached at DID 7015558888

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi,

Thanks carlo,

Easy and clearly explained translation.

Regards,

Guru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: