Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voice translation-rules, 15 limit

Is it possible to have more then 15 translation rules per rule or is there a way to nest them via profiles? Basically I am running into an issue were I have a set of internal extensions that need to be translated to their external DID numbers and ISDN plan before the carrier will allow the numbers outbound; the problem is I have more then 15 numbers that need translation and can only make 15 rules. I might be looking at this the wrong way any insight would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: voice translation-rules, 15 limit

You cannot have more than 15 rules.

Usually internal extensions use the last digits of the full number, eg ext. 3456 maps to 650-555-3456, that is not you case ?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

My suggestion is to use "num-exp" instead.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you for the suggestion; I am not familiar with this command so I will need to do some research.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hello,

can you make an example of you extension numbers and assigned DID block ? it seems very strange to me that you cannot define a single rule to make the necessary changes.

It may be possible but I am not well versed in this topic. Essentially I have about 20 DID's that I need to make appear as themselves when presented to the CO switch under the ISDN plan; The DID's are assigned as secondary numbers on the ephone-dn's for the CME router and the primary DN's are in the 80000 range. I need to be able to translate the 80000 to the corresponding DID number to be passed to the CO. I managed to do this with the translate rule but there is a limit of 15 and I need more. Example below.

80000 -> 5555553060

80001 -> 5555553061

80002 -> 5555553062 and so on.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

OK, so assuming that you also want:

80010 -> 5555553070

80019 -> 5555553079

the translation-rule would be:

voice translation-rule 800

rule 1 /8000/ /555555306/

rule 2 /8001/ /555555307/

You can also apply a specular translation rule to the incoming calls and avoid use of secondary DNs altogether. Please see:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

I think also num-exp would work, but translation rules are more powerful so that is what I personally use.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I used this before; this is were I was asking about the 15 rule limit; I have upwards of 60 total DID's that need to be translated outbound. I want to avoid assigning the DID's directly to the phone line but from what I am reading this is looking to not be possible.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hello,

I'm not sure if you have read the configuration correctly, it uses 2 rules for 20 extensions using the example numbers you mentioned, using the same scheme for 60 numbers that would use 6 rules.

I am not sure I understand your response and I apoligize; but based off of what was written the two rules would only translate one-to-one and I would still run into the 15 rule limit for the voice translation.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No problem. What the rule does is to replace the first 4 digits of an '8000x' number with the number for outgoing. The last digits is left unchanged. This works for 10 numbers. So there is a second rule for '8001x', etc.

You can test rules with:

test voice translation-rule

I have a scenario where I have more than 20 extensions in no particular order. I presently map DIDs inbound to these 20 extensions using these dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 702 pots

translation-profile incoming DID1

incoming called-number 688.

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 703 pots

translation-profile incoming DID2

incoming called-number 689.

direct-inward-dial

Now I am only able to apply one translation profile to the outbound POTs peer. How do I get all these translations to appear on a single outbout POTS?

dial-peer voice 101 pots

trunkgroup 1

translation-profile outgoing DID1

destination-pattern 91..........

direct-inward-dial

forward-digits 11

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Please open new thread for new problems. In you case, details what you need to do with numbers.

Views
Helpful
Replies