Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Configuration in CME 2951 - ISM-SRE-300-K9

abhisar patil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to configure the voicemail in CME 2951. I have got ISM-SRE-300-K9 with 5 voicemail license. I need some configuration steps which I can follow.

If required I can share the show tech as well. Please help on the same.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

24 Replies 24

Thank you Manish,

Let me go through this. Also. can you help me to answer following.

1. Firstly, I will install the the card first in side the router.

2. Then I will configure the interfaces. The interface IPs will be different than CME interface or it will be in same range?

I have..

interface Embedded-Service-Engine0/0

no ip address

shutdown

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0

description CME-INTERFACE

no ip address

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

ip address 10.0.0.251 255.255.255.0

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.2

encapsulation dot1Q 20

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

--More--                           !

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

no ip address

shutdown

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

no ip address

shutdown

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface SM1/0

ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0.2

service-module ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0

!Application: CUE Running on SM

service-module ip default-gateway 10.1.1.1

!

interface SM1/1

description Internal switch interface connected to Service Module

no ip address

!

4. SM1/0 is CME interface?

3. Do I need to put any files inside ISM card via TFTP?

4. I have got license for five users, so where I can see that?

Thank You,

Hi Patil,

Just to answer few queries:

you need to enter a static route in router

ip route 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.255 ISM0/0

you can use command to check the available license by logging into CUE module service-module ism 0/0 session

a. show license feature all

b. show license status application

c. show license all

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, so it means I can assign new subnet to ism interface and add the static route. Now, I have got 5 user license, so I can enter call-forward busy number only for 5 phones and this will be dircted to ism?

1. Firstly, I will install the the card first in side the router. - Yes, Check this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html#wp1135145

2. Then I will configure the interfaces. The interface IPs will be different than CME interface or it will be in same range?- Different

4. SM1/0 is CME interface? - NO , CME interface is that interface which is mapped under telephony service , you can check by "sh telephony-service" , the ip mentioned there is CME ip.

3. Do I need to put any files inside ISM card via TFTP? - only if CUE is not preinstalled on the service module.

4. I have got license for five users, so where I can see that? -

router#service-module service-engine slot/port session

# show software version

# show software licenses

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Dear Manish,

Just couple of questions adition of your reply.

1. SM1/0 is what? it is a card installed into router and what purpose.

2. How I can check whether CUE is preconfigured or not? And here CUE is ISM card,correct?

Thank You,

Abhisar.

Hi Patil,

The Cisco Integrated Services-Ready Engine on Cisco ISR G2s is fully self-contained, with dedicated onboard processing, memory, and storage. This module provides the flexibility of a hosting platform that can be used for voicemail or other services that are supported on the module. When configured to run Cisco Unity Express software, the module supports up to 100 voice mailboxes and comes with 2 ports, with the ability to expand to 10 ports with software licenses. These ports can be shared with Automated Attendant or IVR, similar to other modules that run Cisco Unity Express.

You can refer the link for details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/product_data_sheet0900aecd806aefe4.html

you can run the show inventory /show diag to check ISM module

If you have ordered along with router, ISM would have come fitted into router and loaded with licenses.

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

I have gone through the link, now I am confused with following statement.

"Cisco Unity Express is also supported on the new  Cisco Integrated Services-Ready Engine (ISM-SRE-300-K9) and Service  Module Services-Ready Engine (SM-SRE-700-K9, SM-SRE-710-K9,  SM-SRE-900-K9 & SM-SRE-910-K9), which integrate into Cisco 2900 and  3900 Series Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) routers."

CUE is supported on ISM-SRE-300-K9 and SM-SRE-700-K9. Now, as per following output we have SM-SRE-710-K9 installed on router. I need to install voicemail and we have ordered ISM-SRE-300-K9.

So there was a need of ISM module here? We can configure voicemail on SM-SRE-700-K9?Last what is the puropose of SM-SRE-700-K9,  as I feel is it for CME.

NAME: "Services Module with Services Ready Engine on Slot 1", DESCR: "Services Module with Services Ready Engine"

PID: SM-SRE-710-K9     , VID: V01 , SN: FOC172700KK

I am completely new to this VOIP and little configued betweek SMs.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

1. SM1/0 is what? it is a card installed into router and what purpose.--

Service-Module Interface

The service-module interface is used to access the service module  console for configuration. Visible only to the Cisco IOS software on the  host router, the service-module interface is an internal GE interface  between the router and the Cisco SRE Service Module. The service-module  interface connects to the router PCIe and all configuration and  management of the service-module interface is performed using the  Cisco IOS CLI.

2. How I can check whether CUE is preconfigured or not? And here CUE is ISM card,correct?

service-module service-engine slot/port status

You will see CUE version right there.

Do rate all the helpful posts.

Thanks

Manish

Dear Manish,

I am bit confused here, between SM and ISM. For voicemail do we need ISM-SRE-300-K9 if we have SM-SRE-700-K9?

Thank You,

Hi Patil,

Basically, both modules support CUE /Voice Mail .Difference lies between Hardware specifications, SDRAM,storage capacity for Voice mails

• Cisco Unity Express AIM (AIM-CUE and AIM2-CUE-K9): 14 hours

• Cisco Unity Express on Cisco Integrated SRE (ISM-SRE-300-K9): 60 hours

• Cisco Unity Express Network Module Enhanced (NME-CUE): 300 hours

• Cisco Unity Express on Cisco Service Module SRE (SM-SRE-700-k9): 600 hours

Platform

Number of Mailboxes

Hours of Storage

Concurrent Voicemail and Automated-Attendant Ports and Sessions

Cisco Unity Express Network Module (NME-CUE)

0-275

8-24

Cisco Unity Express Advanced Integration Module (AIM-CUE and AIM2-CUE-K9)

0-65

Cisco Integrated Services-Ready Engine (ISM-SRE-300-K9)

0-100

2-10

Cisco Service Module Services-Ready Engine (SM-SRE-700-K9, SM-SRE-710-K9, SM-SRE-900-K9, SM-SRE-910-K9)

0-500

4-32

regds,

aman

Hi Patil,

you can also find difference between SM and ISM

What is the service-module slot?

A. A service-module slot is an externally pluggable interface form factor for the Cisco ISR G2 routers. A service module is a router blade that plugs into the slot. The service-module slot represents the evolution of the network-module (NM) slot available on the earlier generation of Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). The slot provides increased power and throughput capabilities as well as connection to the new Multi-Gigabit Fabric (MGF). Existing network modules are supported in the new service-module slot with an adapter card.

Q. What is the internal-services-module slot?

A. An ISM slot is an internally pluggable interface form factor for the Cisco ISR G2 routers. An ISM is a router blade that plugs into the slot. The ISM slot represents the evolution of the advanced-integration-module (AIM) slot available on the earlier generation of Cisco ISRs. The slot provides increased power and throughput capabilities as well as connections to the new MGF. Existing AIMs are not supported in the new ISM slot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps10598/qa_c78_553916.html

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Thank you for your reply and help.

Now, thigs are getting clear. So now I will simply go for voicemail configuration on SM not ISM.

Thank You,

Abhisar.

Dear Aman,

Just small help, I configured the voicemail and its working fine. Only things is if I leave the voicemail message, on the phone there is no indication and I came to know that I need to turn on mwi for that phone. Now, I am getting following errors, can you please suggest something.

CME(config)#ephone-dn  18  dual-line

CME(config-ephone-dn)#msi

CME(config-ephone-dn)#mw

CME(config-ephone-dn)#mwi on

Please remove Call Forward Busy configuration

CME(config-ephone-dn)#

CME(config-ephone-dn)#

CME(config-ephone-dn)#no cal

CME(config-ephone-dn)#no call-f

CME(config-ephone-dn)#no call-forward bu

CME(config-ephone-dn)#no call-forward busy

CME(config-ephone-dn)#mwi on