cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail License - Can be transferred/migrated?

Hello Gurus,

Our customer purchased 20 voicemail licenses for their Cisco 2911 ISR G2 and it is tied to the machine's serial number. Is there a possibility to 'move' these licenses to a new Cisco 2921 ISR G2? Or our customer have no other option instead of buying a new voicemail licenses?

Thank you in advanced.

Regards,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alex,

i'll just add a reference to the good tips from Sid & Aman here (+5 each guys!)

License Transfer

Cisco supports two scenarios to transfer licenses between devices:

1. The first scenario has both the source and destination devices active and functional. In this scenario, the license is revoked on the source device and a new permanent license is issued for the destination device.

2. The second is a failure scenario where one of the devices is unavailable. In this scenario, license from the failed device is transferred to the RMA or replaced device using the RMA License Transfer portal.

The steps are described conceptually and in detail in this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1101175

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Alex,

Yes it can be done. The Process should be similar to When an RMA is conducted.

The Software activation Licenses are migrated in case of a Hardware failure to provide equivalent software functionality on the replacement router.

Even though the platform  is different the software functionality is the same.

Contact Cisco licensing with the serial numbers and Product ID's.

HTH

Sid

[+5] to Rob.It is always to learn from you.

regds,

aman

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex, 

I suppose these licenses would have come pre-loaded with Module u have purchased along with 2911 ISR router.

You can try speaking  to Cisco Account Manager if he can help on same.

regds,

aman

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alex,

i'll just add a reference to the good tips from Sid & Aman here (+5 each guys!)

License Transfer

Cisco supports two scenarios to transfer licenses between devices:

1. The first scenario has both the source and destination devices active and functional. In this scenario, the license is revoked on the source device and a new permanent license is issued for the destination device.

2. The second is a failure scenario where one of the devices is unavailable. In this scenario, license from the failed device is transferred to the RMA or replaced device using the RMA License Transfer portal.

The steps are described conceptually and in detail in this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/csa_overview_CUE.html#wp1101175

Cheers!

Rob

Please support CSC helps Kiva yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12122171/cisco-support-community-helps-kiva

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your valuable explanation. My situation is exactly like your point #1. Both source and destination (different model) are active but can I do it myself through the portal or ... I need to get my local Cisco account manager to assist me? I'm not that familiar with the portal.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

You are most welcome my friend smiley

I think the second section in the link I sent gives a pretty good step by step on the process. The portal is relatively user friendly (for Cisco laugh) so I would go that route. Your CAM will probably just point you in that direction anyway......

Cheers!

Rob

uh-oh! I don't think I can migrate voicemail licenses as what it mentioned below

"... This process is not intended for transferring licenses from one generation to another (for example, from NM-CUE to NME-CUE, or from NME-CUE to SRE devices). "

In this case, the Cisco 2911's voicemail is on NME-CUE while the newer model: Cisco 2921's voicemail is on SRE module.

Oh well... I guess I have to consult our Cisco account manager for new voicemail licenses.

Regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: