Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail messages for Unity connection in Extension Mobility

asherif82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Voice Experts,

I'm facing issue with Voicemail messages while logout from Extension Mobility that it's not received on the inbox.The customer needs is that voicemail being received when logged in using EM as well as receiving them in the same time when being logged out,so it comes to the Device profile and normal phone dn (both Device profile and Phone dns are the same extension).

The setup is that all IP Phones are in None partiion with CSS-Internal (has access to internal phones ,VM Pilot,VM ports,MWI on & off). If they logged in with EM, All phones become in PT-Internal with CSS-International (has access to internal phones,VM Pilot,VM ports,MWI on & off as well as calling outside for local,national and international). The issue i'm facing is that when calling from outside,i hit the AA and after ringing the extension i can leave a voicemail but the user MUST login in with EM to check voice messages which is not required.Customer want to receive voice messages on normal phone as well as on his/her device profile.

I tried adding all ports in default voicemail with default profile and assigned it to both phone dn and device profile ,but still messages go to Device profile only.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Amr Sherif

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, not if they both have the same DN in different paritions. Your other option would be to build the phones when not using EM with different DNs and then if you'd like you can add the other DNs as alternate extensions in Unity.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By having the EM profile DN and phone DN in different partitions you essentially are making them different extensions, and MWI will not come on as you are seeing on one of them.  Pressing messages however should take you to the same mailbox as Unity/UCON is not aware of the extension partition.

Is there a reason why your phone DN is in none

partition?  You should never have anything in none partition because having it this way gives you no control what can reach it.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The reason for making phones in None partition is that if they are not logged in with EM, Everybody can call internally with no privilage to call outside as the CSS-Internal contain only PT-Internal and PT-Voiceport. After logging in they become in PT-Internal with the same DN but with a privilage to call outside (Local ,National and International). Also if an outside caller call he will hit the AA and then being transfered to the internal users, In case they are logged out the CSS-VGW-Internal on the VGW page has a first choise in the partition list as PT-internal then None so the call is always keep forwarded to the VM direct as if the phone is not registered .So to solve that issue on the Device profile dn i forwarded the call forward unregistered internal and external to the dn and specifiy a css None in case user is not logged in the call will be forwarded to the None partition and it rings the phone.

Now the idea is to receive a voice message on both the device profile and on the phone itself in the same time so users can check their messages whether they are logged in or not. What could be the work around to perform that requirements ?.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Amr Sherif

Hi

Is there a way to make MWI to be ON on both the device profile DN and the phone DN in the same time?

Regards,

Amr Sherif

Sorry, not if they both have the same DN in different paritions. Your other option would be to build the phones when not using EM with different DNs and then if you'd like you can add the other DNs as alternate extensions in Unity.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris,

As you are saying that the MWI will not work if they both have the same DN in different partitions so Can we have a MWI ON on  the EM PROFILE partition instead on the phone partition.

How we can do that.

thanks

You ensure that the EM DN partition is listed ahead of the phone DN partition in the CSS assigned to your voicemail ports (SCCP integration) or SIP trunk (SIP integration).

Chris

Hello Chris,

i have one setup with CM 6 and unity 4 in which MWI works on EM partition as well it works on Internal partition with same Extension.

Are you sure it will not work in CUCM 9.1 and UN 9.1

Thanks

Are you saying EM profile DNs are in different partition as phone DN and it works? Or are they in the same partition (typical setup)? If the second then that is expected and it will work, if they are in different partitions only one of the DN will light up.

Chris

Dear Chris,

any alternate that will light up MWI on both the partitions.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: