Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Voicmail hand off

I have a user with extension 714XXXXXXX that when sent to voicemail it gets the unity connection default main menu. But if I dial XXXX the 5 digit extension it goes to the users personal gretting. I have deleted the user from CUCM 8.6 and Unity 8.6, and no avail. I am really stuck, keep in mind I'm a routing and switching guy, who knows a little voice. Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks!

9 REPLIES

Re: Voicmail hand off

Is 714XXXXXXX a translation pattern pointed to the extension or does it hit something else before. Keep in mind that Unity matches calls based on First Redirecting Number for Incoming Call.

Please rate helpful answers!

Voicmail hand off

071XX is the translation pattern and 714XXXXXXX is the extension

Voicmail hand off

Try to make 714XXXXXXX an alternate extension of the user you would like the call to go to in Unity.

Please rate helpful answers!

Voicmail hand off

Tried to add the alternate extension, but wouldn't let me says a user and extension already exist

Voicmail hand off

Can you explain the link between 714XXXXXXX and the 5 digits extension? What extension is assigned to the phone?

Are both suppose to go the same VM box?

The 10 digit number is assigned to the phone, and the 5 digit extension is just a translation pattern, for internal dialing.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Voicmail hand off

Your VM extension should be the 10 digit number to ensure uniqness, and the VM profile assigned to the DN in CUCM should have a mask of XXXXXXXXXX. If you want to retain the 5 digit voicemail extensions then change the VM profile mask to XXXXX.

HTH,

Chris

Sorry I'm lost (I'm a route switch guy) who has been thrown into voice. I'm not understanding, I fell into place on the way this system was setup.

I would check the call flow first. Make sure your TP goes to the correct extension and Call Forward No Answer is set to VM on the line. The extension has a VM profile applied to it and determines how the extension is presented to Unity, something like XXXXXXX.
A user should be configured in Unity with the same extension.
If you are still unable to determine the cause of the issue, install RTMT Tool and monitor your VM ports when calling. It should tell you how the call is presented to Unity.

Hope this help!

Views
Helpful
Replies