Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VOIP (Callmanager IP Phones) over half duplex wireless link

I have a remote site that currently has about 30 IP Phones (7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, etc.) that I have call control and voice traffic going to/from our central site backhauled on a T1 Circuit.

I have a new wireless circuit available between these sites that is 25 Mbits but is only half duplex.  My quesiton is will I run into significant voice problems if I backhaul the voice traffice over this new half duplex wireless circuit?

Any thoughts?

Jim

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: VOIP (Callmanager IP Phones) over half duplex wireless link

You should not have any problem.

Bandwith matters, not duplex.

VIP Super Bronze

Delay and jitter matter too. How much one-way delay does the wireless link introduce compared to your existing wired circuit? The recommended microphone-to-speaker delay is 150ms. Jitter above 40ms will also be noticable.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

To be short and sweet, I'll say the following.  It's not optimal but it'll likely work.  For reference, I had a customer doing Voice over Satellite with multiple hops and retransmission points across the world and utlimately entering into an encrypted tunnel leveraging in Internet connection spanning about 10 states - the delay RTT was over 700 milliseconds.  It wasn't always pretty and there were problems, but it worked.

No guarantees on anything, but just some perspective.

HTH - if so, please rate.

Views
Helpful
Replies