cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Config on AS5400 Question without prefix ????

afzaalq007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have config my AS5400 for my VOIP Carrier termination as below configuratios are pasted,,,

"

dial-peer voice 1003 voip

description AAA-Voip

huntstop

incoming called-number 1003.T

voice-class codec 3

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 2 hs-redundancy 2 fallback none

ip qos dscp cs5 media

!

dial-peer voice 10030 pots

description AAA-Voip

huntstop

destination-pattern 1003.T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 1/7:D

forward-digits all

its working well and its ok ..

I want to ask that i want to config it without prefix "1003" this is our Voip carrier demand. so suggest me how can i do it and how can i made some chk on it with out prefix

waiting for ur reply

thanks and Regards

13 Replies 13

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, change both "incoming called-number" and "deatination-pattern" to match the number they are calling. Make sure you have "no digit-strip" on the pots DP.

hi

Thanks for the Ans!!! i was on leave

kindly can u tell me how can we do it any Example or any help DOC.

Waiting for ur reply

Thanks

Just a normal configuration of dial-peer. Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

hi

Thanks for the Ans

i will ckh and if i feel any prob will disscuss with you.

Thanks once agian.

My Dear Friend ..

I am still facing problem becoz i havt to config E.164 format (CC+number).

Can u provide congiguration exampls

Thanks and regards

Hi,

I'm not sure what your problem is. You receive a number via IP and need to call PSTN ?

If the number always come in e.164 format most likely you will need to strip the CC for call within your country.

Use translation rules if necessary:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

hi

Thanks for ur sugestuion and i realy thanfull to you thant you are answering me and try o solve my problem.

Yesterday i have dicsus the thing wih my Customer and he told me in detal. that he said plz use our signaling IP as identifier instead of prefix.

So wht do u suggest me ????

once agian thanks for ur suggestions

Thanks and Regards

Afzaal Qadir

Hi

I have used translation rule to translate thier signaling IP to 1003 becoz we need prifix and its is our Requirment to use prefix so i have used this ..

AS5400#test voice translation-rule 1 203.89.8.5

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 203.89.8.5 Translated number: 1003

Original number type: none Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none

Thanks

Hello,

you use translation rules with telephone number and no IP address! Have you read the document about it ?

I have to say, I do not understand your problem exactly, would you try to describe it again, making some practical example ?

Hi

this my prob !!!

"We are unable to send the prefix 1003 that we are currently sending from the existing platform. Please confirm you can accept calls with the E.164 format (country code + number) from the Engine platform. Please use the signaling IPs listed below as the indentifer instead of the prefix 1003"

Where as it is our requirment to use the prfix 1003 i have send this prefix to my TB. as on the TOP i have to pasted my running config.

I have sudy the DOC are can translate only number.

e.g My carreir sends Call to us with 1003-92-300-XXXXXX

And now he wants to send only 92 XXX-xxxxx. i have to chk it with prefix (1003).

I think it may help u to understand the issue.

thanks

What is a TB? Where are you sending the call ?

Anyway, the following add 1003 for all calls coming via Voip thatare going to 92-xxx-xxxxx

In the incoming dial-peer, configure a translation to add 1003:

dial-peer voice XX voice

incoming called-number 92........ (assume fixed lenght 8 digits)

translation-profile incoming addprefix

voice translation-profile addprefix

translate called 100

voie translation-rule 100

rule 1 // /1003/

hi

Our Scaniro is

Internet----> (GAteyay Router/Firwall) ------> h.323Gatways ---->Teleco brige(TB) .

This our POP

Thanks

The translation-rule above should add 1003. IF that deson't work you can apply it to 'outgoing' to the pots dial-peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: