Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Super Bronze

Voip dial peer and dtmf-relay query

Guys,

There is a config that I am not quite sure about. Off the top of my head, I say its not right..but are there issues that this config may cause?

Here is it:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number . 

dtmf-relay rtp-nte digit-drop h245-alphanumeric

++++ Note that its a h323-dial-peer with a sip dtmf relay type...+++

I believe the right thing is to have

session portocol sip v2 on that dial-peer or change the dtmf type?

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Everyone's tags (5)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

So, do you need H323 or SIP dial peer? For SIP the most common config is :

dial-peer voice 1 voip

session protocol sipv2

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

with H323:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

However keep in mind that there are few DTMF standards and the config for DTMF may vary depending on which one is used.

HTH,

Chris

VIP Super Bronze

Chris,

+5 for your time

I know the standards..I have just seen this on a gateway i am working on...and I am at a loss why its configured this way. I am wondering if this could create issues. I deally i would have it as you suggested which is what I wrote earlier too

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
VIP Super Bronze

Re: Voip dial peer and dtmf-relay query

I have seen my answer here...

Configuring DTMF Relay Digit-Drop on an Cisco Unified Border Element with Cisco Unified Communications Manager

To avoid sending both in-band and out-of band tones to the outgoing leg when sending Cisco UBE calls in-band (rtp-nte) to out-of band (h245-alphanumeric), configure the dtmf-relay rtp-nte digit-drop command on the incoming SIP dial-peer. On the H.323 side configure either dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric or dtmf-relay h245-signal command. This feature may also be used for H.323-to-SIP, and H.323-to-H.323 calls.

+++That dtmf type is only relevant when doing h323-SIP calls.+++ rtp-nte should not be on the h323 leg as expected

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Correct, how is this GW defined in CUCM is it H323 GW or a SIP trunk? Depening on which one it is either adjust the dtmf method or add sipv2 to the dial-peer.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies