cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP QoS Over Serial

gszalkowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 3845's on a table, each with a Gigabit port connected to a switch. There is also a DSU/CSU card in each connected via a crossover cable on a different subnet.

E/M port on transmit router has a constant audio source, E/M port on Receive router hooked up to a speaker system.

Transmit Router:

voice-port 0/0/0

type 5

signal lmr

no vad

timeouts call-disconnect 3

connection trunk 500

!

dial-peer voice 500 voip

destination-pattern 5..

session target ipv4:10.117.11.201

codec g711ulaw

Receive Router:

voice-port 0/0/0

type 5

signal lmr

no vad

timeouts call-disconnect 3

dial-peer voice 500 pots

destination-pattern 500

port 0/0/0

With this setting the trunk is setup and the audio goes across with a dscp of EF and everything works.

If I change the session target to go across the PPP link and shu/noshut the voiceport I get audio for about 9 seconds and then it quits. And the DSAP for thos 9 seconds is not set.

access-list 120 permit ip any any dscp ef

via debug ip packet 120 shows nothing.

Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Try making your configuration mark with a inbound and out bound tagging. It sounds like you only have one way QoS.

class-map Inbound

match all dscp 46

class-map Outbound

macth all dscp 46

policy-map Voice Inbound

class Inbound

policy-map Voice Outbound

class Outbound

Apply both policy maps to the interfaces that allow communication between the routers.

I did not include priority settings or bandwidth precentages in this configuration.

This will allow tagging both directions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: