cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Volume Levels on 7900 Series Phones

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to increase the volume of a call on 7900 series phones from the UC? 

I have a customer that is complaining the the volume level is not loud enough after adjusting the volume to the max on their phones.

Thanks,

Mario

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to explain if this is IP Phone to IP Phone or if from PSTN which interface it's coming from.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

This is for both IP phone to IP phone and IP phone to PSTN.

Thanks,

Mario

That would be a no for ip-to-ip phone calls. The only causes for this that I could think of are a) the user is holding the handset several feet away from their mouth; b) they are whispering; or c) there is a bug in the firmware of the phone (unlikely).

As for IP-to-PSTN calls, you can amplify the volume using the input gain command on the voice-port in IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/voiceport/configuration/guide/vp_nxtpt-bsd_tune_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Thanks Jonathon, I knew about the IP to PSTN, but it is with the IP to IP phones where they experience the most issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: