cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-1MFT-G703 versus VWIC2-1MFT-G703

mark_gardner
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me if the vwic2-1mft-g703 can do everything the vwic-1mft-g703 can ?

On a previous installation for a client with a fractional E1 we used a vwic-1mft-g703, I have just specced up some kit for a new client who will be using a 3825 and I ordered a vwic2-1mft-g703, this client will also use fractional E1, both clients use the same telecoms provider.

Will I need to change the order ?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you should be ok with it, that's the improvements:

* Support for both T1 and E1--T1/E1 MFT VWIC2 cards provide additional flexibility in configuring the MFT VWIC2 cards by supporting T1, fractional T1, E1, and fractional E1 for both voice and WAN applications.

* Drop and insert capability on all versions--All MFT VWIC2 modules now include the drop and insert multiplexing capability, which eliminates external third party CSU/DSUs and drop and insert multiplexers.

* Enhanced clocking capabilities--The 2-port MFT VWIC2s can enable each port to be clocked from independent clock sources for data applications. This independent clocking capability is not supported for voice applications and not supported with the AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 module.

* Dedicated echo cancellation option--MFT VWIC2s have an onboard slot for a multiflex trunk dedicated echo cancellation module (EC-MFT-32 and EC-MFT-64), offering an enhanced echo cancellation capability for demanding network conditions. For more information about this feature, refer to the ?Configuring Hardware Echo Cancellation? chapter in the Voice Port Configuration Guide.

Thankyou help very much appreciated.

:)