cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and VWIC-1MFT-E1 back to back connection

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Lets say I have a 2911 with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and 2811 VWIC-1MFT-E1 and I connect them back to back using rj-48 cable, just to simulate a HQ to Telco (pstn simulator) connection

Can the 1st generation of vwic and 2nd generation of vwic work together? Anybody experienced this scenario?

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, of course - when you connect to a service provider it's unlikely to be the same model of Cisco WIC :-)

The two simply run standard PRI stuff, they're designed to interoperate with each other and any other device running the same protocols dating back from the dark ages!

Basically you need to set one side to 'isdn protocol-emulate network', also internal clock rather than line clock so it becomes the master for clocking, and you also need a PRI crossover cable (not an ethernet crossover).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks aaron, yes you are right, I already have some devices connected back-to-back but with the same generation of vwic.

Will try to do this and will confirm if the above scenario is possible. But thanks for the confirmation!