Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 connection to PBX

I am scheduled to make a PRI connection between a UC560 stytem and Sopho PABX. I'm not sure about the kind of connection between two the systems. I understand the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card has got an RJ-48 connector on the router side, but what about the PABX side? Do we need any converters?

Can somebody please help me.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Sure - whoever is doing the Sopho PABX side of the connection can help you. Best to speak to them.

It's all down to what that PABX supports, and what the person managing that PABX has specced. For example, it's not unusual for a PABX to use twin BNC connectors rather than RJ48, so in that scenario you would need a convertor. That PABX may support RJ48, or BNC, or it may be an optional card. Whoever is configuring the Sopho PABX should be able to tell you.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I concur with Aaron, you need to talk to the vendor, another option to possible save cost would be to implement SIP trunk between the systems if supported on the PABX, this way you would not require the T1/E1 card.

Chris

Thanks for the advice!

The PABX is an anicient one and does not support SIP trunking so I guess this the best option I have. My crimping tool doesn't have the RJ48 option so I'm wondering if Cisco provides the RJ48 cable? If they do, please help me with product code.

Cheers!

It is just an RJ-45 connector with a T1 pinout.  You use pins 1,2,4, and 5.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can use Ethernet cable, may need crossover.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi

As Chris said - most engineers just use RJ45s. They fit the same hole.

Re: pinouts - straight through for you-->service provider (or other network-user connections) but the pinout for a crossover if required is different... so you can use a LAN cable most of the time. People tend to worry about the colour more than the connectors :-)

Aaron

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!