Views
Helpful
Replies

Walkie Talkie effect when using speakerphone 6961

Youssef Aoufi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I am experiencing some voice quality problems when using the cisco 6961 speakerphone .

The quality is fine when we use handset, but when i switch to speakerphone i can't hear the other side till i stop talking , like a walkie -talkie.

I am using CUCM 8.5 , i did a phone upgrade from 9.0.3 to the latest 9.2.2.6 without success.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Youssef,

This bug sounds quite similar and although it only mentions the 6921 I'm pretty sure is

what you are seeing/hearing;

CSCtu09371            Bug Details

When Speaker is enabled, low audio observed when both the parties speak
Symptom:

Customer is experiencing intermittent audio issues with 6921 phone when Speaker on the phone is enabled. During the conversation, few words sound very low audio level. Everything works fine if they use the phone handset or use a different phone model.

Conditions:

Issue exists with all the calls made using the speaker button of the 6921 phone and appears for both internal and external calls.

Workaround:

NA
StatusStatus
Open             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
9.2(1)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

chouaib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Youssef,

We are facing the same problem with one of our customer using this type of IP Phones. If you found a solution for this problem, please share.

Regards.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Youssef,

This bug sounds quite similar and although it only mentions the 6921 I'm pretty sure is

what you are seeing/hearing;

CSCtu09371            Bug Details

When Speaker is enabled, low audio observed when both the parties speak
Symptom:

Customer is experiencing intermittent audio issues with 6921 phone when Speaker on the phone is enabled. During the conversation, few words sound very low audio level. Everything works fine if they use the phone handset or use a different phone model.

Conditions:

Issue exists with all the calls made using the speaker button of the 6921 phone and appears for both internal and external calls.

Workaround:

NA
StatusStatus
Open             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
9.2(1)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

We have the confirmation from Cisco TAC saying that the CSCtu09371  Bug is causing this malfunction.

Here is the TAC answer:

. I have confirmed bug CSCtu09371 should be fixed in firmware 9.3(1) which will be released at the end of May 2012.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this issue. In the meantime, maybe the users should avoid using the speakerphone feature.

Regards