cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

web access to CUCM and CUC

fran19422
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, normally after I have started up my Esxi CUCM/CUC virtual machines I have problems connecting to them via a web browser.

For instance, after entering in a web browser "https://ipaddress:8443", the initial installed application page comes up fine. But then when I click on the name of the application i.e. "Cisco Unified Communications Manager" or "Cisco Unity Connection" thta leads to the login page, it gives me  404 errors such as:

"HTTP Status 404 - /cuadmin/home.do".

I then seem to need to wait about 5 minutes and only then can I get a successful connection.

Is this normal behaviour from CUCM/CUC virtual machines (delay in startup?) or is there something I can modify to get an immediate web connection after their respective virtual machines have started.

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Fran,

This is expected. When you boot up the server it takes a while for the services to start.Untill the Tomcat service has started completely you will not get access to GUI. It normally takes 10-15 minutes for all the services to start. So this is normal behavior you cant change this.

Terry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Fran,

This is expected. When you boot up the server it takes a while for the services to start.Untill the Tomcat service has started completely you will not get access to GUI. It normally takes 10-15 minutes for all the services to start. So this is normal behavior you cant change this.

Terry