cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Affect Will Setting CDR File Time Interval = 2 instead of 1440 have On CDR data file Needed For Billing

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use EMC SMARTS VoIP Perf manager (A OEM of Prognosis VoIP Manager)  to monitor our small but  soon to grow larger  Cisco VoIP  deployment.  The voice group at our company currently outsources VoIP billing to a 3rd party company.  The 3rd party billing outsourcing service provider had our VoIP group set CDR File Time Interval on our single Call Manager Cluster to 1440 and every day the 24 hr CDR data file generated at midnight is securely transfered to the 3rd party. The 3rd party billing service provider wants only one file per day and not several.

Now EMC SMARTS VoIP Performance  Manager user guide says it needs the Call Manager cluster configured so File Time Interval is set to 2 minutes. The VoIP group is afraid this will generate hundreds of small CDR data files which would be unacceptable for our current billing service provider.

Hence we are stuck at the moment in trying to get our EMC SMARTS VoIP Perf Manager deployment going.  I don't really have a test box yet that we can use since what is available by our Voice Group is being used for other tests.  But since I am impatient for some knowledge I am posting the following questions to pick the experience of others for some answers on the following questions I have.

1) If we enable CDR File Time Interval = 2 instead of 14400 on the Call Manager Cluster will multiple CDR files be generated for each 2 minute interval of the day  or will just one CDR file be generated ?

2) If only one CDR data file is generated per day, what affect will setting CDR File Time Interval = 2 rather than 1440 have on the data ?  Will there now be multiple entries in the single data file for all calls that overlapped any 2 minute period ?

3) If multiple 2 minute cdr data files are generated, is there any way to configure the Call Manager to still produce a 24 hour data file with only a single call record per call as is currently produced with CDR File Time Interval set to 1440 ?

thx in advance to anyone who can enlighten me on this.

1 Reply 1

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We are in the same position as you, our Call Logger was set up for 20mins but the Monitoring tool wants it every 1

mins so it is more real time. When you set it to 2 mins, a file is created every 2mins as this setting is global. You need to ask your call logging company why they would a single file, most companies will accept  multiple  files. The only other suggestion is to replace the call logger target in the CDR set up in CUCM to another server and the configure on the server a script to copy all the files to a file once a day to the call logger that way you have the CDR internal at every 2 mins for the VOIP tool and have a single file for the Call Logger- You create two CDR billing targets for each application VOIP Tool and Call logger. The other thing you need to take into account is you have to turn on CMR for the VOIP tool which you may not do at the moment